Sunday, May 3, 2015

Willakaville: Amazing Adventures of Astronomical Awesomeness Review.

I think sometimes we take the creativity and imagination of children for granted. Kids know they have something special and want to harness that. Using a child's imagination is a great way to get them to love to learn. Willakaville: Amazing Adventures of Astronomical Awesomeness by Mathew Henecke is a book that uses a child's curiosity and imagination to engage young ones and help use it to teach them about problem solving in the real world. This book makes the kids the heroes, which is always great to teach them because all kids love the thought of being in charge and the one who saves the day. This book is full of wacky and magical adventures. It takes place in a town"Willakaville" in this collection of crazy adventures that aim to teach your kids valuable life lessons such as trusting each other, friendship, and being an honest person. It sort of reminded me of a mix between Shel Silverstein and Dr. Seuss kind of adventures. Those were always my favorite kinds of books to read as a child. I think humor is the perfect way to engage the young. Books they can get totally emerged in are perfect for learning. I love that my kids ask me to read it to them and I love hearing them laugh and laugh as I read the crazy adventures that Shirley, Jimmy, Charley, and Billy end up on. This is a really fun book that children of grade school age will enjoy hearing and reading for years. I would recommend this to anyone with a child who is a litte restless. It is the kind of book that can actually catch their attention and get the lessons through.

No comments:

Post a Comment